A downloadable tool for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Easily create complex particle systems and save the result as a sprite sheet for use in your games or other projects.
BlastFX also offers customizable image effect post-processing allowing you to tweak the look of the final render. For example, using the pixelize and palette remap filters together will allow you to create a particle effect in a retro 8/16 bit style, complete with dithering!
IMPORTANT - BlastFX currently requires OpenGL 3.3 / ES 3.0 to run
Please try the demo before purchasing!
- GPU-Accelerated particles - Easily process thousands of particles without slow down, hundreds of thousands (or even a million!) on higher end GPUs!
- Change the look of the final output using a customizable post-process image effect stack, or keep the original look, it's up to you!
- Save and load your effect node configuration so you can easily use it in your other BlastFX projects
- Retro 8/16-bit style effects can be created using the Pixellate & Palette Map image effects
- Import JASC or GIMP colour palettes into the Palette Map effect node
- Save and load gradients for use with the particle's lifetime colour or the Gradient Map effect node
- Export the final effect to a PNG sprite sheet, individual images or
GIF(currently disabled) ready to be imported into any engine
- Customise the amount of frames to render, the render frame size and the rendering frame rate
- Adjustable pivot/center point for particle rotation
- Full Undo/Redo system
- Seamless looping mode
- Duplicate emitters
- Choose emitter drawing order
- Zoom & Pan so you can easily fit the effect you've created within the desired frame size
- Load & save projects, or even import a project on top of the current one
- Customise the background with an image or colour
- Available for Windows, Mac & Linux
- Palette Map
- Gradient Map
- Chromatic Aberration
- X/Y Symmetry
In order to download this tool you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
- BlastFX 1.2.393 days ago
- BlastFX 1.2.2 ReleasedJun 25, 2019
- BlastFX 1.2.1 ReleasedNov 06, 2018
- BlastFX 1.2 Released!Oct 27, 2018
- Language issue & GIF SupportOct 06, 2018
- BlastFX now on Steam!Oct 05, 2018
- BlastFX 1.1.1Sep 29, 2018
- BlastFX 1.1 Update Released!Sep 15, 2018